Jul 31, 2009

18 years

Sweetness took me away for our anniversary to Montana. We went to Glacier National Park and had such a lovely time doing our favorite things.....spending alone time together and being in the great outdoors.

Day 1

Floating the Flathead river on our anniversary.


Jumping off some small cliffs.
We have so much fun together.


Day 2
Playing in Glacier National Park..........from sun up to sun down.
We wanted to see everything, we were so excited!!!


Logan pass


See the snow at the base of the mountain?
look at the next picture........


Regan is now standing in that snow.



I had a huge grin on my face the entire time.
I couldn't believe how beautiful it was.
God is good to us!




Jackson Glacier



St. Mary's Falls



Mountain goats, Big horn sheep and Bears
Oh My!



As we were coming out of the park I spotted a black bear, just the way i wanted to see a bear instead of seeing one or scaring one while we were hiking eeeeeekkk.
Regan really wanted to see a grizzly.....I did not. sorry sweetness.



Beautiful Montana nights.




Day 3
Browsing the local book stores and shopping/playing at some antique shops.
We bought some really cool vintage rings and I wanted to buy all the vintage furniture, a rad record player and a Polaroid camera. This antique shop was by far the BEST I have ever been to.



Oh, how I would love to have both of these little gems.

Christmas is only 5 months away. hint hint :)



He is soooo cute.



Day 4

Hiking to Iceberg Lake
This hike was crazy, crazy beautiful.
The bear grass and the wildflowers were spectacular.
I had tears in my eyes and a huge lump in my throat for most of the hike.



You can't see in the picture but there were Mountain goats walking along the ledges...... CRAZY!


Had it not been for kids that we needed to get home to......
we would still be sitting in this very spot.




Many Friends Cafe

This is my sister Cassie and her friends cafe that they own. It is located in West Glacier.
We spent every morning here eating a yummy organic breakfast.
Thank you Cassie and Scott for being our tour guides and telling us all the things that we HAD to see. I am so happy that I got to see why you LOVE Montana so much.
You all took such good care of us while we were there.
Thank you.....Thank you.....Thank you.
Me and my super cute and super sweet little sister.
I love, love , love you!!!!!
I can't wait to come for the wedding.


And now a few words to this sweet man...... Thank you for taking me on this much needed vacation. Thank you for sticking it out with me through all of the good times and all of the bad times, heaven knows we have had a lot of both.
I love our life together and I love our 4 beautiful children that we made together. I have had a really good time on this journey of ours and I can't wait to see what the next 18 years will be like.
A huge thank you also goes to our oldest daughter Aubrey for keeping the fort down while we were gone.
It is so nice to be able to go away and not worry (too much).
I am a very blessed woman.

5 comments:

Tahsha said...

Glacier is on my list of places I've always wanted to go to!! I'm jealous. The pictures look amazing! I'm glad that you guys had a good time!

Chalan said...

Looks like an awesome trip! Beautiful pictures! Love the Logan pass picture. Wow, looks amazing. Glad you had fun! :)

craig and jill said...

How amazing!!! It looks like you had a fab time! I might have to copy you on this one as well.

wild bri said...

I agree, God is good to us and there is nothing like wild country to affirm it. Glad to see you guys got to enjoy some of it and Happy Anniversary. Tell your sweet man hello for me.

Cori said...

you two are the cutest people I know! Happy 18th!